2014 ASI Information
Approved by the Georgia Public Service Commission in November of 2012, the Small and Medium Scale programs of the Georgia Power Advanced Solar Initiative (GPASI) are seeking to contract with at least 45 MW of solar capacity in 2014, with a target allocation of 11 MW and 34 MW respectively in each program. The Small Scale option, designed with residential and small commercial customers in mind, is for projects up to 100 kW of nameplate capacity. The Medium Scale option is for projects 101 kW up to 1 MW.
Timeline for the 2014 Small and Medium Scale Program
- 2013 Feedback survey opened – Nov. 25, 2013
- In Person feedback meeting with PSC Staff – Dec. 4, 2013
- 2013 Feedback survey concluded - Dec. 6, 2013
- Georgia Power files program modifications with GPSC – Jan. 31, 2014
- PSC Approval Projected – February 18, 2014
- Participants Conference – March 19 2014
- The application process for the 2014 small and medium scale solar programs in Georgia Power’s Advanced Solar Initiative will begin on March 26, 2014. In an effort to provide interested participants with information and guidance in preparation for the application process, we invite you attend the Participants’ Conference on Wednesday, March 19, 2014, from 10:00 am until 12:00 pm followed by lunch at 241 Ralph McGill Blvd in Atlanta inside the Arkwright Auditorium. We will also host a webinar for those who cannot participate in person. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to G2GPASI@SOUTHERNCO.COM and include the following information:
- Business/ Company Name
- Daytime Phone Number
- Email Address
- Attendance Status(will you be attending in person at the Conference or joining online)
- Pre-registration will reduce the amount of time it takes at check-in. An additional email will be sent out closer to the date regarding directions and parking. For those that signup for the webinar an email will be sent to you detailing sign in instructions closer to the date of the conference.
- For planning purposes, we request that registration be submitted by Friday, March 14.
- Application process begins – Wednesday, March 26, 2014
- Applications will be accepted through Powerclerk
- Application process closes – Friday, April 4 2014
- Lottery conducted by PowerClerk – No later than May 2 2014
- Small and Medium Scale Solar Service Agreements contract execution begins – May 2014
GPASI Utility Scale Offering
For more information on the utility scale RFP and associated timeline, please visit the Independent Monitor's website.
We're Here to Help
Georgia Power has Solar Energy Consultants who can help you learn if Solar Energy is right for you. Contact us
Did you know?
Georgia Power recently completed the second phase of a three phase solar project in Murray County, Ga. for Dalton Utilities through a 25 year power purchase agreement. Read more about solar projects in Georgia.
Back to Top ↑