We're pleased to announce our new Community Solar Program!
As part of our company's 2016 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP), the Georgia Public Service Commission (PSC) approved a 3 megawatt (MW) Community Solar Program. This program is designed to provide our residential customers with an opportunity to support the development of solar power in Georgia by purchasing a monthly subscription in exchange for receiving a bill credit based on the solar facilities' production.
For as little as $24.99 per block per month, this program is ideal for our residential customers who are interested in installing solar, but are unable to host a photovoltaic (PV) system at their home, including:
- Condominium or townhome owners
- Homeowners with insufficient roof space due to size or shading
- Homeowners with restrictive HOA covenants
- Those who cannot afford to install rooftop solar
The Community Solar Program will launch January 2018!
Note: The Community Solar Program is for residential customers on the standard residential service rate (R) only, and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to limited availability, pre-enrollment does not guarantee your participation, and acceptance into the program will be subject to verification by Georgia Power. You will be notified of program enrollment prior to your first Community Solar billing. If pre-enrollment exceeds availability, you will automatically be added to a waiting list.
Community Solar FAQs
- Where are the Community Solar facilities?
- What does it cost?
- Why is there a $24.99 per 1 kW block per month charge to participate?
- Will I save money on my bill?
- Who can participate?
- How long am I committed?
- How much will my block produce?
- What will my bill look like?
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Top ↑