Solar Energy FAQs
Solar is growing as a viable energy choice for Georgia consumers. Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Can I install solar photovoltaic (PV) panels at my home or business?
- Are Georgia Power and Southern Company testing different solar technologies?
- How do solar panels generate electricity?
- How can I use solar panels to power my house at night?
- How do PV technologies differ?
- What size PV system do I need to power my home or business?
- How much does a typical installed PV system cost?
- How long does a typical solar panel last?
- Can I install my PV system on my house myself?
- How much space is required for a 4 kW PV system?
- Is maintenance required for PV systems?
- Can cloudy days impact solar panel effectiveness?
- Where can I find a licensed contractor to install my solar panels or solar water heater?
- What kind of questions should I ask when choosing an installer?
- Does Georgia Power sell solar systems or recommend specific systems?
- How much is the federal tax credit for customers?