Our employees have worked for more than 125 years for the betterment of Georgia, guided by Georgia Power's core value: A Citizen Wherever We Serve.
Whether getting involved in a civic organization, mentoring a young student, raising money to fight cancer or joining in a wide range of other activities, their dedication to serve has been a trademark of Georgia Power employees for generations.
Monthly company news and employee profiles
Quarterly retiree news in PowerPoint format
Monthly news from Citizens of Georgia Power and company management
- 4/16 - Community and charitable leaders share the impact of partnership and support
- 4/16 - Georgia Power base electric rates to remain flat through 2019
- 4/16 - Georgia Power customer 'Thanks a Lineman'
- 4/16 - Social Media Center opens for business
- 4/16 - Georgia Power honored for advancing solar market
- 4/16 - Got Power? #ThankALineman throughout April
- 4/16 - New filing illustrates importance of Plant Vogtle expansion to reliability, economic growth
- 4/16 - Former Georgia Tech quarterback Donnie Davis to kick off 19th annual Run for the Reason
- 4/16 - Tell your friends and family there is a smarter way to save energy
- 4/16 - Brent James - Call him king of the triple crown
- 4/16 - Closure preparation underway at all 29 Georgia Power ash ponds
- 4/16 - Company evaluating site in Stewart County for new nuclear plant
- 4/16 - Coolidge Rhodes retires after 58 years of service
- 3/16 - Employee recalls marching in Selma 51 years ago
- 3/16 - Georgia Power becomes first U.S. retail electric utility to offer Green Bonds
- 3/16 - Georgia Power Debuts News Site: On Georgia
- 3/16 - Georgia Power to donate Plant Kraft property to Georgia Ports Authority
- 3/16 - First-time Peachtree participant, longtime runner recall experiences
- 2/16 - Georgia Power volunteers bring engineering to life for student during E-Week
- 2/16 - Latest Vogtle report highlights progress, investments through December 2015
- 2/16 - Retired Brunswick employee Tony Sammons saves a life
- 2/16 - Fort Benning solar project begins commercial operation
- 2/16 - New photos chronicle progress at Vogtle expansion
- 2/16 - Georgia Power rolls out six new hybrid bucket trucks
- 2/16 - Supreme Court halts implementation of Clean Power Plan
- 2/16 - Georgia Power donates $150,000 to Safe Kids Savannah
- 2/16 - PSC will review all capital costs invested in Vogtle 3 and 4
SO To Go
A monthly summary of high-level Southern Company information. Get the facts and figures about environmental leadership, climate change, new nuclear, transmission & distribution, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Help make a difference in the community and develop lasting relationships by becoming an Ambassador today.
Looking for benefits contact information or online forms? We have the answers for you.
Georgia Power Scholarship
The online application for the Georgia Power scholarship program is typically available beginning mid-November. Applications are due February 1, and honorees are selected and announced in June. Twenty-one scholarships are available to dependents of all permanent, full-time Georgia Power employees and retirees. Co-ops are not considered full-time employees.
Vogtle 3&4 Media Library
We are proud to be building the first new generation of nuclear energy facilities in the U.S. See the latest videos and photos of Vogtle units 3 and 4.
Back to Top ↑