As a large industrial customer, it's nice to have an energy service provider who can also deliver some extra support for your business. If your business owns its high-voltage electric system, has critical electrical loads of 500 kW or more, or has land or rights-of-way that need management, Georgia Power's Power Services can help you with:
- Electric-system design
- Construction and maintenance
- Standby generation design and installation
- Right-of-way vegetation management
Transmission & Distribution
Finding the best long-term solutions for your business is what Georgia Power's Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Services team does. Our team can provide:
- Experienced assistance in designing and constructing standby power generation, transmission and distribution systems, and can help keep your system running at peak performance.
- Long-term solutions, including help lowering your up-front costs and possibly your monthly bill, as well as ongoing assistance as your energy needs change and grow.
- Turnkey project design and management from start to finish, including lump-sum project pricing and flexible payment options.
- T&D Services can provide construction assistance with many different types of systems, including:
- Overhead (OH) and underground (UG) distribution systems
- Substations/OH transmission systems
- Emergency generator systems
See how our Power Services team has helped other businesses. View some of our
- If you want to spend more time focusing on your business and less time on right-of-way vegetation management, Georgia Power's Vegetation Management team can help you with your needs. We can:
- Provide a highly trained and experienced staff of certified arborists, registered foresters and licensed pesticide applicators.
- Create a customized program that fits your particular needs and handles every aspect of vegetation management.
- Provide and manage vegetation maintenance crews and keep your project in compliance.
- Offer volume pricing and fast emergency response when disaster strikes your property.
See how our Power Services team has helped other businesses. View some of our Vegetation Management projects.
Although Georgia Power is an industry leader in reliability, power interruptions can still occur during a storm or outage. Our Power Services business unit can protect your business 24/7/365 from power interruptions with a >500 kW design-build generator that is both reliable and affordable.
- As a total power-system provider, we can provide:
- Power system solutions, including service on both sides of the meter.
- Close coordination with the customer-owned generations-interconnect team.
- Total utility and emergency power coordination systems.
See how our Power Services team has helped other businesses. View some of our Emergency Generation projects.
- Interested in developing a solar farm? If you are a Georgia Power customer, we can provide all necessary components to successfully install your electric system facilities from your primary meter to your equipment transformer. These include:
- Engineering and compliant designs
- All labor, materials and equipment
- Site prep and right-of-way regulations
- Utility coordination
- Long-term vegetation management plans
Easy Steps to Integrate Your Solar Farm Into Georgia Power's System
- Obtain cost quotes from your Georgia Power solar project manager to set up high-voltage construction from your existing Georgia Power lines down to a new primary meter, and to set up your electrical facilities from that primary meter down to your equipment.
- Add in the cost of your solar farm.
- Georgia Power crews install the primary meter at your property line.
- Power Services will take it from the primary meter to your transformer, as well as do any site preparations for rights-of-way and vegetation management.
- You will install your own inverters and breakers.
- Power Services can provide options on maintaining your electrical equipment long-term, and vegetation management.