At Georgia Power, bringing energy to a community though our volunteer service and charitable donations is as important as providing energy through our power lines. We have five areas of charitable focus that we deem critical: health and human services, education improvement, environmental stewardship, civic and community outreach and arts and culture.
Our charitable giving commitment occurs through the Georgia Power Foundation, Inc., corporate giving and employee giving. The Foundation provides grants to organizations that are enriching the communities we serve. Since its inception, the foundation has contributed over $170 million to qualifying non-profit organizations. It ranks as the fourth-largest corporate foundation in Georgia in terms of giving.
Areas of Charitable Focus
- Improving Education by supporting organizations that impact statewide policy, workforce recruitment, and local education programs including our New Teacher Grant Program. Our Employee Matching Gift Program matches employee and retiree contributions to institutes of higher education.
- Health/Human Services primarily through United Way and The Salvation Army's Project SHARE Program.
- Environmental Stewardship by supporting programs that improve air and water quality, preserve natural resources and protect endangered species.
- Civic and Community by supporting organizations that enhance quality of life across Georgia including Georgia Cities Foundation and the Westside Future Fund.
- Arts and Culture by supporting regional and local arts and cultural organizations including the National Black Arts Festival and The Woodruff Arts Center.
Apply for a Grant
Georgia Power is dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve. That's why certain 501(c)(3) organizations can apply for a Georgia Power grant. Preference is given to Georgia-based organizations that strive to improve the quality of life for the state's residents.Learn More