Plant Hammond CCR Rule Compliance Information

Plant Hammond is a four-unit, coal-fired electric generating facility located on 1,100 acres in Floyd County. The plant was named in honor of William Phin Hammond, a Georgia Power employee, who was responsible for the design and construction of all the company generating units for more than 40 years. Since beginning commercial operations in 1954, the four units of the coal-fired power plant are capable of producing 843 megawatts of electricity and can supply enough energy to power approximately 364,000 homes. 

CCR Rule Compliance