IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM,
YOU MAY OPT-OUT AT ANY TIME BY EMAILING EEHOMEREVIEWPILOT@SOUTHERNCO.COM.
The Website is for use only by the legal residents of Georgia who are utility customers of Georgia Power. If you are not eligible for the use of this Website as described in the previous sentence, you agree not to use the Website or participate in the Program.
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide directly to us or our affiliates that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you, which we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of “Personally Identifiable Information” includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, password, and entity affiliation. Your registration and participation in the Program require that we collect and maintain, or that you provide us with, your Personally Identifiable Information. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit Personally Identifiable Information in connection with a feature, program, or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may provide your name, address, e-mail address, utility account number, and phone number when registering with our Website. In many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or register for our services. If you would like to opt-out of the Program, you may do so at any time as instructed above or otherwise provided by us.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-Personally Identifiable Information can include certain Personally Identifiable Information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We maintain and obtain Non-Personally Identifiable Information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your Personally Identifiable Information. We also automatically collect certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information from you when you access our Website. Like most website servers, we collect information from your browser on our server logs, which can include, but is not limited to, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using, the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your internet service provider, the search terms you use on our Website, the specific web pages you visit, your browser language preferences, the content you choose to download or print, and the duration of your visits.
B. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: The Personally Identifiable Information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you, or in other ways naturally associated with your registration for and use of the Website. We may use and share your Personally Identifiable Information for the purposes of maintaining the Website and the services provided on the Website. Our sharing includes sharing with our Program service provider Bidgely, Inc. During the Program, your Personally Identifiable Information is shared with Bidgely, Inc. solely for the purposes of administering the Program. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you with promotional information for our products or those of our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated entities, or to communicate with you about content or other information you have shared with us via our Website or the Program. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us as set forth below.
In certain instances we may also share your Personally Identifiable Information with our third-party vendors performing functions on our behalf—for example, vendors that process credit card orders, analyze and manage our data, assist us with customer service, etc. Our vendors agree to use this information only to carry out our requests.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your Non-Personally Identifiable Information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties to achieve these objectives and others. Note that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
C. COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We automatically receive and store certain types of Non-Personally Identifiable Information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many other websites, we may use "cookies" and "web beacons" (also called “clear gifs” or “pixel tags”) to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Website. "Cookies" are small files that we transfer to your computer's hard drive or your web browser memory to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide convenience and other features to you, such as recognizing you as a frequent user of our Website. "Web beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and may be used to track the online movements of users, when an email has been opened, and to provide other information.
Examples of the information that we may collect and analyze in this manner include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; your behavior on our Website, including the URL you come from and go to next (whether this URL is on our Website or not); and cookie number.
D. OTHER USES & INFORMATION
(1) IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the internet. Web servers (computers that "serve up" web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report Non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our Website. IP addresses are considered Non-Personally Identifiable Information and may also be shared as provided above. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
(2) E-mail Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use the information we collect about you to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as bank account information, to us by email. You may “opt out” of receiving future commercial email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
(3) Transfer of Assets: As we continue to operate and develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity, though we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your preferences are followed. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
(4) Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any Personally Identifiable or Non-Personally Identifiable Information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
The features, programs, and other aspects of our Website requiring the submission of Personally Identifiable Information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed Personally Identifiable Information to us please contact us at email@example.com. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child's Personally Identifiable Information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
F. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented reasonable organizational, technical, and physical security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect the information we collect about you, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of the information we have collected about you. In the unfortunate event that your Personally Identifiable Information (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we will make all notifications required by law. Unless applicable law requires otherwise, we will notify you by e-mail to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section H (“Contact and Opt Out Information”) below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
G. OTHER SITES/LINKS
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as governmentally maintained legal resource websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third-party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third-party websites so you can understand how the websites collect, use, and share your information.
H. CONTACT & OPT-OUT INFORMATION
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website.
I. JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES.
The Website is controlled and operated by Georgia Power, with the aid of its vendors, from the United States, only within the State of Georgia, and is not intended to subject Georgia Power or any affiliated entity to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the Georgia, United States. Georgia Power does not represent or warrant that the Website, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Website do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. Georgia Power may limit the Website’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, and/or at any time and in Georgia Power’s sole discretion.
J. SOLE STATEMENT