| Register

What types of boats are allowed on Georgia Power lakes?

Limitations on boats vary depending on the lake. Look for signs near boat ramps and call ahead to one of the local field offices listed in this site if you have questions on whether your boat will be permitted. State law prohibits the use of any vessel, specifically including a houseboat, with a marine toilet, galley or sleeping quarters on any Georgia Power reservoir with the exception of Lake Sinclair.

How can I reserve a campsite or a pavilion at a Georgia Power park?

Call the park directly, or refer to the land management office. Campsite reservations must be made at least 10 days in advance and require a two-night minimum stay. You should specify the type of camping accommodations you will be using, such as tent, trailer or camper. Reservations are available for the current season. Picnic pavilions, particularly those for large groups, may require reservations.

What are the office hours of the Georgia Power land management offices?

Offices are open from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Why does the lake level fluctuate?

Lake levels may fluctuate because of varying amounts of rainfall and the volume of water that passes through the dam for electricity generation. Other factors contributing to level changes are scheduled and unscheduled drawdowns for maintenance of the dam, and government-mandated flow limits. Georgia Power strives to keep the lakes as close to full pool, within operating parameters, as possible.

How do I find a Georgia Power lake level?

Find Georgia Power's lake levels at lakes.southernco.com.

How do I file complaints regarding boating safety violations?

The Georgia Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement Group has jurisdiction over all Georgia Power lakes. For contact information, visit www.gadnr.org. If you have an emergency, dial 911. If you want to report a violation, call the local county or city police. They have radio communications with the DNR Rangers. Some reservoirs are subject to multistate jurisdiction, as they fall on state borders.

Camping and Picnicking

North     Central     East     West

North     Central     East     West

Back to Top ↑

Secure Account Login

Log In Register Now