For additional insight into your lighting usage, visit our Lighting Savings Calculator here.
Why choose LEDs over incandescent bulbs?
- They use up to 90% less energy than standard bulbs.
- Each bulb can save you an average of $80 in electricity costs over its lifetime.*
- LEDs last at least 15-25 times longer, so you don't have to replace them as often, which is great for hard-to-reach places.
- LEDs come in a variety of styles, lumens and temperatures — from dimmable candelabras to bright spotlights — so you'll find options to fit almost any fixture in your home.
The Home Depot offers safe CFL recycling at retail locations across the state. Learn more at homedepot.com.
If a CFL should break in your home, EPA provides cleanup guidelines that can be performed by the general public.
More than 95% of an LED bulb is recyclable; simply call your local waste management company to learn its policies for collecting and recycling. Since LED bulbs do not contain mercury and do not require special recycling, non-working LED bulbs can be placed in the garbage.
- Must be a Georgia Power residential customer.
- Instant savings are available only at participating retailers and apply only to select lighting products for a limited time, while supplies last.
- Limit 16 LED bulbs per customer.
- Instant savings do not apply to ENERGY STAR® qualified fixtures, fans or lamps.
- Select lighting offers valid through December 31, 2019.