Authorized Payment Locations
We make it easy to do business with us. We've added more than 2,600 Authorized Payment Locations so you can choose a time and place that is convenient for you to make a payment. You can pay when you shop at retailers such as Kroger, Walmart, Publix and Kmart.
- Authorized Payment Locations offer:
- Secure, immediate posting of your payment.
- More flexibility, including evenings and weekends.
- Convenience to where you live, work and shop.
- A low transaction fee of $1.50.
Video: Authorized Payment Locations Explained
What are Authorized Payment Locations?
Authorized Payment Locations are customer service counters that accept Georgia Power payments and post them immediately. In addition to your local office, there are more than 2,600 Authorized Payment Locations around the state. Authorized Payment Locations include, but are not limited to, Kroger, Walmart, Publix and Kmart.
What to expect at an Authorized Payment Location
When you visit an Authorized Payment Location, please bring your power bill or your account number to make a payment. A low transaction fee of $1.50 will be required.
- Accepted forms of currency:
- Cash is accepted at all Authorized Payment Locations.
- Debit cards are accepted at some locations.
- Checks and credit cards are not accepted at any Authorized Payment Locations.
Can I pay my power bill at Authorized Payment Locations outside of Georgia?
Yes. You can pay your Georgia Power bill at Authorized Payment Locations outside of Georgia. The following conditions apply:
- Payments made at Western Union locations within the United States, such as Kroger, Rite Aid and Publix, will be posted to your account immediately.
- Payments made at Walmart locations in Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina or Tennessee will be posted to your account immediately.
Please bring your electric bill or your Georgia Power account number. Cash is accepted. Debit cards are accepted in some locations. Checks and credit cards are not accepted.
What are my other payment options?
There are several payment options from which to choose. Explore all payment options.