Single Family Home Energy Improvement Program
Maintain consistent comfort with qualifying energy-saving improvements.
You shouldn’t have to decide between reducing your energy bill and feeling comfortable in your home. Now you don’t have to. The Home Energy Improvement Program decreases energy costs, increases home comfort, and raises the value of your house.
Get a home assessment
Save Money and Energy
Are you a multifamily property owner? Check out our multifamily energy efficiency program.
Start with a Home Assessment
Understanding where you can make updates to earn money-saving rebates starts with a home assessment.
And you’ll love what you get out of it:
A comprehensive home review by an experienced professional.
Recommendations for upgrades to make your home more efficient and comfortable.
50% of cost up to $150 from Georgia Power towards the assessment.
Just choose from our network of participating program contractors who can schedule your home assessment today.Get a home assessment
One program. Two ways to save.
Whole House and Individual Improvements
Rebates: 50% of cost up to $600 per year
Only need to make a few energy efficiency changes? Then this is the path for you. See the types of individual improvements that you can make in your home to receive Georgia Power rebates.Apply for Pre-Qualification
Must be a Georgia Power residential customer.
The following items may qualify for rebates of 50% of the cost up to:
- Program Contractor Required
- Air Sealing $300
- Home Energy Assessment $150
- Program Contractor or Licensed Professional Required
- Duct Sealing $300
- Self Installation/DIY
- Attic Insulation $250
- Smart Thermostat $75 (must be purchased through the GeorgiaPowerMarketplace.com)
- Integral (Hybrid) Heat Pump Water Heater $250
- Program Contractor Required
Whole House Improvements
Rebates: 50% of cost up to $1,150 per year
Looking for a holistic approach? To qualify, your participating Program Contractor will ensure that you can reduce electric energy use by 25% once improvements are made.Get a Home Assessment
- Rebate eligibility depends on Home Energy Assessment results. If your Program Contractor does not believe you can reach a 25% energy reduction then they may recommend you complete the program through the Individual Improvements approach.
- Must be a Georgia Power residential customer.
Qualified customers who complete the recommended improvements and achieve a 25% energy reduction are eligible for a rebate of 50% of cost up to $1,150.
- Up to $150 towards your home assessment
- Up to $1,000 towards eligible energy efficiency home improvements
Frequently Asked Questions
Get additional details by reading common questions and answers.
I want to add insulation to my attic. How do I make sure I can qualify for the rebate?
To qualify for the rebate for attic insulation, be sure to follow the guidelines below:
- You are a residential Georgia Power customer
- Existing insulation in your attic is at or below R-11
- Add insulation to meet an R value of 38 to comply with code as your attic structure allows
- Insulate your entire attic structure to ensure savings and increased comfort
- Provide zero balance or paid in full invoices for the insulation materials/equipment if you installed yourself or from the installing contractor
What are the benefits of working with a participating Program Contractor?
Participating Program Contractors in Georgia Power’s Home Energy Improvement Program are certified Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analysts and have received extensive training on how to assess and analyze the conditions and equipment in a home. Program Contractors also receive specific training from Georgia Power on how to best support a customer’s program-related goals. All participating Program Contractors must meet Program specified guidelines and requirements like insurance coverage, drug screen, and background check.
Do I have to use a participating Program Contractor?
You must use a participating Program Contractor for your Home Assessment. Please see rebate details for the list of improvements that can be completed by other licensed professionals or even yourself.
What should I have when submitting a rebate application?
Please be sure to have the following materials available when applying for the rebate and consider the program rules:
- You must have your Georgia Power meter number available to apply for rebates. You can find this information on your monthly Georgia Power bill or your home’s meter.
- A valid account in our rebate application system, which can be created when you start your application
- Address where the improvements were made
- Name and mailing address for the person receiving the rebate
- If the rebate payee is a company, you will need a completed W-9 with Tax ID
- Signed Terms & Conditions
How soon will I receive my rebate check?
Rebate processing typically takes 6-8 weeks for a complete application. If we find flaws while processing, we will contact you via phone and/or email to resolve. A flawed application will take 6-8 weeks for processing after the flaw has been resolved.
How quickly do I have to submit an application?
Applications must be submitted within 60 days of the date on your paid in full invoice/receipt to qualify for rebates.
Energy Efficient Home Improvements
Start getting the most out of your home through energy efficient upgrades and our Individual Improvements and Whole House Improvements rebates.Apply For Pre-Qualification