Telecom Colocation and Land Leasing Program
Expanding New Cellular Technology in Georgia
Georgia Power is at the forefront of helping communications service providers with their expansion network efforts across the state. Our vast infrastructure, which includes lighting, transmission towers, telecom towers and land lease for build-to-suit, provides the necessary structures to accelerate your company’s 5G build-out and wireless network reconfiguration.
We are leaders in the wireless infrastructure expansion, providing fast and efficient solutions to municipalities and cities to develop a comprehensive strategy for small cell deployments. This technology serves an important role in increasing economic development and improving the wireless coverage for Smart City innovation.
Our custom platform accelerates all stages of the Colocation process
- Online customer portal provides easy access for requesting and managing colocation applications
- Online GIS mapping displays all available Georgia Power infrastructure and land assets
- Tools support wireless communication company’s network siting/coverage areas
- Timely automated permitting, make-ready and build-out services
- Ongoing colocation equipment maintenance support
As an added benefit, you will have access to our mapping tool which displays all available Georgia Power infrastructure and land assets.
Georgia Power Colocation Infrastructure by the numbers
500,000 outdoor streetlights
90,000 transmission structures
600 properties for third party build-to-suit
300 plus company-owned telecom towers