For more than 20 years, Georgia Power Energy Services has had the privilege of partnering with federal and institutional customers to implement a range of energy efficiency services, from product installation to energy consulting and training to finding ways to improve your facility’s sustainability.
What Energy Services Can Offer
Is your business looking to reduce energy bills by implementing energy efficient products? If so, Georgia Power's Energy Services can partner with you to provide turnkey, energy-saving projects at federal and institutional customer facilities and save you energy and money.
- HVAC and chiller upgrades
- Heating and boiler systems
- Central plants
- Lighting retrofits
- System optimization
- Motor and pump replacements
- Water conservation
- Compressed-air systems
- Solar and solar water heating
- Audits (high-level to investment-grade)
- Energy consulting services; detailed design (all disciplines)
- Project management and site supervision
- Arrange for highly competitive financing on projects due to Georgia Power's financial strength
- Training (including operating and maintenance training)
- Commissioning of systems and equipment
- Construction services
- Offer extensive project portfolio
- Provide fuel and manufacturer neutrality in equipment selection to meet required life-cycle analysis mandates
- Develop and implement projects quickly and efficiently, and meet legislative and state-mandated energy goals
- Offer renewable resources whenever a customer meets the financial requirements of a proposed project
- Improve your facility's sustainability
- Provide full transparency regarding bid process and subcontractors
- Provide best understanding and information about how your facility's potential energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy security projects fit within Georgia Power's system, rate structure and incentive programs
Municipalities, Universities, Schools and Hospitals (MUSH)
Georgia Power's Energy Services can perform an investment-grade audit on your business' existing energy situation and provide you with a tailored plan for annual energy savings. Read more about some of the ways we’re delivering energy solutions for our MUSH customers below.
Energy conservation projects can either be self-funded or financed through a third party. Through Energy Services, a number of financial institutions are available to provide low-cost financing for up to 20 years based on the projected energy savings of the project, so institutional customers will not need capital funding.
For federal customers, energy conservation programs are built around a fuel-neutral approach with comprehensive technology solutions, including renewables, to help achieve energy-related mandates. Our services allow you to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 13423 that requires federal agencies to reduce energy intensity by 3 percent each year.
Executive Order 13423
It is the policy of the United States that Federal agencies conduct their environmental, transportation, and energy-related activities under the law in support of their respective missions in an environmentally, economically and fiscally sound, integrated, continuously improving, efficient, and sustainable manner.
Because of Energy Services' relationship with several financial institutions, project financing is available for these energy conservation projects. Federal customers have two options for funding:
- Paid for through savings (financed) over as much as a 15-year period
When appropriated money is not available, Energy Services will work with the strategic partner banks to creatively finance these projects using future energy savings. In addition, Energy Services will handle all competitive negotiation with our partner banks to ensure you receive the best financing available.
We look forward to becoming your energy partner. Please be sure to include a name, business and phone number when contacting our sales team.
Federal Segment - Patricia Nardone, Energy Services Manager
Institutional Segment - Matt Otani, Institutional Sales