Outages & Storm Center
When a storm threatens, Georgia Power supports you 24/7.
Our Storm Center coordinates our company's storm readiness efforts, as well as crews from sister companies within Southern Company and neighboring utilities, to make sure we get your lights back on as quickly as possible.
Storm Center functions include:
- Monitoring weather and staging crews in advance of the storm.
- Coordinating crew movements in Georgia and with other companies.
- Coordinating and preparing damage assessment teams and support for our storm operations.
- Serving as a communication system for media, GEMA, and other organizations.
- Posting timely storm updates on twitter.com/georgiapower
Stay Safe During all Types of Storms
Staying safe during a storm requires different types of preparation, depending on the type of storm that is expected. Learn more on how to prepare for a thunderstorm, tornado, hurricane, flood, and ice storm.
Take Precautions After a Storm
In storm recovery, safety matters most. Report emergencies immediately, and remember these tips as after-storm safety guidelines.What to do After a Storm