Skip to main content.

Pay by Day

Call 1-800-642-4590 to sign up

Rate Overview

Budget your energy use even during weather and season changes by locking in a fixed daily price for your electricity for an entire year.

Pay by Day puts you in control of when, how often, and how much you pay towards your electricity service.

Call 1-800-642-4590 to receive your customized Pay by Day price and sign up today.

Easy to Budget, Easy to Control, Easy to Pay.

1. Lock your rate for a year

2. Deposit funds into your account

3. Custom fixed charge is deducted daily

4. Get notified when funds are low

How the rate works:

If qualified, you'll receive a fixed daily price based on your past and projected electricity usage which includes a small premium to guarantee the amount over the annual term. 

Once signed up, you can deposit funds into your Pay by Day account and then your fixed amount is deducted daily. 

We will notify you to make a deposit if the funds in your account are low. If your balance reaches zero, we will alert you that service will be turned off unless funds are added. If disconnected, a minimum of five dollars ($5) positive balance is required to reconnect service.

You will receive a new Pay by Day offer annually that is updated to reflect your most recent usage.

Benefits & Features

  • Fixed Daily price over an entire year
  • Low-balance alerts via text, email or automated phone call
  • Ability to pay off outstanding balance over time with 25% of each payment going towards deferred balance, and the other 75% toward future electric usage
  • Online and mobile account management, including the ability to monitor your daily usage
  • Convenient payment locations, including more than 4,000 Authorized Payment Locations such as Kroger, Walmart and Publix

For more infmoration

Frequently Asked Questions

Find the answers to all your questions.

What happens if I can’t complete the 12-month contract?

Near the end of the contract period, you will receive a new Pay by Day offer for the next 12-month period. You will be renewed for 12 more months at the new contract price unless you choose to transition to a different rate. You must request removal from the Pay by Day plan by contacting Georgia Power by calling 1-800-642-4590.

Can I view my Pay by Day account online?

Yes. You can access your account information online 24/7 from your computer, tablet or smartphone at

What happens if I leave my power off for an extended period of time?

Pay by Day accounts in the “Off” status for a period of seven days will be closed. If you decide to reactivate your closed account, your account will no longer be eligible for the Pay by Day rate until you establish 12-months of continuous service.

Call 1-800-642-4590 to receive your customized Pay by Day price and sign up today.

Rate Options for Your Budget

We always strive to offer rate solutions that fit your needs and help you manage your budget. Browse the seven options below to learn which rate is right for you!