As your partner in business, our goal is to help you efficiently establish electric service. You can do it online by contacting our Business Solutions Center (1-888-655-5888).
- To apply to establish service, you will need only the following information:
- Your name and/or the business name that is registered with the secretary of state.
- Service address (where the power is to be turned on).
- Names of any engineering or marketing representatives who have assisted you if the new service is at new premises.
- County, location name, and building size/square footage information (if the building is new)
- Business phone number.
- Alternate phone number (personal, etc.).
- Social Security number if you are using a personal name or federal tax ID number if you are using your business name.
- Names of all people you would like to authorize on your account.
- Mailing address (if different from service address).
- Effective date you would like service to be turned on (Monday through Friday).
- Temporary contact information for us to use during the installation process.
- Descriptions of any access problems, such as locked gates, dogs, etc.
- You may be instructed to provide additional information to complete your request. If additional documentation is required at the time of request, please email documents to: BSCGPC@southernco.com or fax to: 404-707-2501.
We can connect your service Monday through Friday; service is not available on weekends. Orders submitted during normal business hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. are eligible for next-day service. Please note that we will not be able to provide next-day service for new service requests requiring installation or other construction work (digging, etc.). You can begin the process to get your electric service started on our Electric Service Requests page.