Multifamily Home Energy Improvement Program
Attract and retain tenants with rebate-earning upgrades.
The Home Energy Improvement Program empowers residential property owners to implement multifamily energy efficiency measures. Georgia Power awards rebates for installing qualifying energy-saving upgrades. This keeps bills down, improves renter comfort and increases renter retention.
Get more for
Reduce electric energy usage by 25% through energy efficiency improvements and increase renter retention and happiness.
Enjoy significant rebates when you participate in the Multifamily Home Energy Improvement Program. Georgia Power will cover 50% of the cost, up to:
- $500 per unit per year for qualifying improvements
- $75 for a Home Energy Assessment completed by a participating Program Contractor
To qualify for rebates, a participating Program Contractor must complete your test-in and test-out energy assessments. Luckily, we’ve created a whole network for you to choose from. Contact us to learn more.
- Property residents must be Georgia Power residential customers.
- All preconditions and requirements must be met.
- All rebates may not apply if customer’s home is not eligible for all qualifying improvements.
- All terms and conditions forms must be submitted prior to rebate being paid.
- All improvement agreements are between the customer and contractor.
- Contractors set installation and service prices. Georgia Power takes no responsibility for installed equipment, services or other arrangements.
- Customer’s actual utility bill savings will vary depending on individual energy usage and qualifying improvements made.
Frequently Asked Questions
We know you’ve got questions about our multifamily energy efficiency program. Our FAQs give you the answers.
I own a multifamily property and would like to use my own team of contractors to install improvements, can I still participate in the program?
Yes, you can use your existing team of contractors for installation work. However, you must work with a multifamily participating Program Contractor to complete your test-in and test-out Assessment.
I am interested in learning more about Georgia Power’s offerings for my multifamily property, how do I get more information?
Contact the Home Energy Improvement Program Team at email@example.com