Refrigerator Recycling Program
It’s never been easier to recycle your extra fridge.
With our free refrigerator recycling program, Georgia Power residential customers can free up real estate, lower monthly bills, and earn a rebate. Best part, we’ll do all the work to haul away your old appliance.
How It Works
It’s easy to recycle your old fridge with these four simple steps:
1. Sign up to get your name on the list.
2. Schedule a convenient time for your fridge to be picked up.
3. Sit back and relax while your extra appliance is hauled away..
4. Cash in your rebate check that will be mailed 6-8 weeks later.Schedule Your Pickup
- Must be a secondary working unit. It cannot be the primary refrigerator for the residence.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be empty and working.
- Must be between 10 – 30 cubic feet in size and collection crews will need clear access to the unit.
- Limit two units per Georgia Power residential account per year.
- Owner-occupied single family detached homes, condominiums and townhomes are eligible to participate.
- Rebates must be submitted, processed and received by the customer within one year from pickup date.
- Customers must own the unit(s) being recycled.
- No purchase of new or replacement refrigerator or freezer units necessary for program participation.
Contractor reserves the right to leave the appliance if removal may cause damage to the property or is otherwise impractical or unsafe.
Refrigerator Recycling Savings Calculator
Find out how much you'll save by recycling your extra refrigerator.*Calculate Your Savings
*By clicking on the link, you will leave georgiapower.com and be directly transferred to a third-party website not affiliated with Georgia Power Company. Georgia Power Company does not endorse or approve any third-party websites or its products, services or opinions. The terms and privacy policies of the third-party website will apply. Your use of the third-party website and its content is at your own risk.
Refrigerator recycling has never felt so good.
With the Refrigerator Recycling Program, it’s never been simpler to haul away your old appliance, save hundreds on your energy bill, and create space in your home.Sign Up Today
To sign up by phone, contact our Refrigerator Recycling Program team at 1-888-594-8596.