If you like Do-It-Yourself (DIY) projects and you're a Georgia Power customer, you can take advantage of our Home Energy Improvement Program. It’s designed to help you lower your bills and make your home more comfortable.
Sweating during the summer months and worrying about warmth in winter? Attic insulation increases your comfort and reduces energy costs year-round.
Rebate – 50% of cost up to $250
Upgrading your conventional electric unit to a heat pump water heater can save you $330 annually, and that’s just one of many benefits.*
Rebate – 50% of cost up to $500
*Benefit calculations are from energystar.gov for a 4-person household.
Making the most of your heating and cooling just makes good sense. Smart thermostats help you do just that, while maximizing your savings.
Single-Family Home Rebate – 50% of cost up to $75
Multifamily Home Rebate – 50% of cost up to $38
You can receive rebates for smart thermostats in one of two ways:
1. Receive an instant rebate when you purchase through the Georgia Power Marketplace.
2. Purchase from another retailer and then complete the online rebate application here.
Instant rebates for smart thermostats are only available when purchased from the Georgia Power Marketplace. Rebates are instant and applied at check out.
1. Make sure your project meets the prequalification criteria (PDF)
2. Complete your project
3. Submit your application with supporting documents within 60 days of project completion
4. After your application has been approved, you’ll receive your rebate by mail in 6-8 weeks
Make sure you qualify for the rebate by following these three steps:
1. Meet the preconditions and requirements (PDF)
2. Submit your application within 60 days of completing the project
3. Include all required supporting materials
Other qualifying DIY improvements include 50% of cost up to:
|$20||Advanced Power Strip – Shop|
|$150||Pool Pump Timer|
|$175||Home Energy Management System|
|$50||Electric Vehicle Charger – Shop|
Once you completion your installation, fill out this form here for a rebate
Applications must be submitted within 60 days of the date on the invoice, receipt, or test-out of your property’s improvements.
Not for DIY improvements. If you want help with your installation, you are welcome to work with whichever contractor you choose.
Rebate checks are typically received in 6-8 weeks. However, incomplete applications and errors will delay your rebate. Be on the lookout for any emails with follow-up questions about your rebate application.
No, a radiant barrier is not a qualifying improvement in the Home Energy Improvement Program.
Discover more about how our Home Energy Improvement Program can help you continue along your home energy-efficiency journey through additional professional-assisted rebates.