Plant Vogtle Units 3 & 4 are the first new nuclear plants to be built in the United States in 30 years. As a result of this project, Plant Vogtle will experience continuous construction activity over the next few years, creating employment opportunities for qualified workers. At the peak of construction, more than 5,000 workers will be needed on site to build the units and all of the accompanying facilities. Georgia Power will hire more than 800 permanent employees to operate and maintain the new units.
How can I get a job at Plant Vogtle?
Stringent requirements are in place for any prospective employee. To work at Plant Vogtle, applicants must:
- Have appropriate levels of education, experience and training.
- Have applicable skills and work behaviors.
- Remain drug-free and be able to pass a comprehensive background investigation.
- Be a legal U.S. worker.
- Be able to pass entry tests.
What kinds of jobs are available?
The many different types of jobs at Plant Vogtle include, but are not limited to:
- Nuclear Technician (entry level)
- Instrument and Controls Technician
- Administrative (entry level)
- Project Management
Do you offer post-military careers for veterans?
Southern Company has a demonstrated record of hiring veterans, guardsmen and reservists.
- 47% of the new hires at Vogtle 3 & 4 are veterans.
- 15% of new hires are veterans across all of Southern Company.
- Currently, about 11% of our 26,000 employees are veterans or reservists.
These employees bring great skills to Southern Company and the utility industry. Southern Company believes veterans' proven commitment to pride, duty, honor and discipline add significant value to our company's overall success.
How do I apply?
The CB&I is the general contractor for most of the construction work and related support functions for the new Vogtle units.
Employment Contact Information
To apply for Georgia Power and/or Southern Company jobs, visit the Southern Company careers website.
CB&I is the lead construction contractor for Vogtle Units 3 and 4:
- To apply for CB&I engineering, project management and administrative positions apply online.
- To apply for "construction craft" positions such as carpenters, pipe fitters, electricians and laborers please see the union list provided below.
- Some job postings for Vogtle 3 and 4 work are also available through the Georgia Department of Labor. (The GA Dept of Labor's Augusta Career Center is located on 601 Greene St, Augusta, GA. The Burke County Career Center is located at Augusta Technical College in Waynesboro.)
Williams Industrial Services — Primary maintenance contractor for Vogtle Units 3 & 4:
- To seek employment, please visit http://www.globalpowerws.com/search-jobs/.
- Contact: Phone 770-413-4886 — Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other applicants should contact one of the labor unions providing construction service:
Boilermakers — Local 26
(912) 964-2586 email@example.com
Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers — Local 33
Carpenters & Millwrights — Local 283
Electricians — Local 1579
Elevator Construction — Local 32
Insulators & Asbestos Workers — Local 96
Iron Workers, Structural — Local 709
Iron Workers, Reinforcing — Local 846
Laborers — Laborers 515
Operating Engineers — Local 474
Painters & Allied Trades — Local 1756
Pipefitters — Local 150
Plasterers & Cement Masons — Local 148
Roofers — Local 136
Sheet Metal Workers — Local 85
Sprinkler Fitters — Local 669
(706)654-3052, (803)643-7331 firstname.lastname@example.org
Teamsters — Local 528
Back to Top ↑